STI’s philanthropic resources are allocated to specific projects and programs that fit within our targeted areas of interest. The majority of grants are initiated by STI, and do not stem from unsolicited proposals.
While not encouraged, unsolicited proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis. If your organization chooses to submit an unsolicited proposal, please note the following guidelines and address the requirements outlined below.
STI only considers requests submitted by organizations which have a tax-exempt classification under Sections 170(c) or 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Priority is assigned to requests involving STI technology or the volunteer efforts of our employees. In making a grant decision, we also consider what other types of STI support an organization may already be receiving.
STI does not make donations or grants from corporate philanthropic funds to:
- Individuals, political, labor, religious, or fraternal organizations or sports groups;
- Fundraising events such as raffles, telethons, walk-a-thons or auctions;
- Capital campaigns, construction and renovation projects;
- Chairs, endowments or scholarships sponsored by academic or nonprofit institutions;
- Special events such as conferences, symposia or sports competitions; and
- Organizations that advocate, support, or practice activities inconsistent with STI’s non-discrimination policies, whether based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran.
Nonprofit organizations or educational institutions wishing to submit unsolicited proposals to STI should make an initial inquiry in the form of a two-page letter. Important, any other form of communication (e.g. phone calls or e-mails) will be cause for immediate rejection of any application. In the event that the proposal is of interest to STI, additional information will be requested. Videotapes and other supplemental materials are strongly discouraged at this initial stage. The letter should include the following information:
- Brief statement fully describing the mission of the organization, the amount of money requested, and the purpose of the contribution;
- Description of the problem you wish to address, the solution you propose, and how STI technology, and STI volunteers, if appropriate, will be incorporated;
- Proposed project budget with all other anticipated sources of income;
- Plans to measure and evaluate program results;
- Name, address and telephone number of the project contact person.
Applications should be directed as follows:
President’s Office of Philanthopic Affairs
Synergos Technologies, Inc.
4210 Spicewood Springs Rd, Ste 105
Austin, Tx. 78759